Antigravity ® Yoga is a comprehensive fitness technique designed to increase one’s overall health and physical agility while having fun and creating beauty. This unique combination of exercises, as a sequence, is intended to decompress one’s spine and align the body from head to toe while stretching and strengthening one’s muscles. The AntiGravity ® Hammock is a structural fabric that is connected from two overhead points acting like a swing. In AntiGravity ® Yoga, the hammock is used to change one’s dynamic relationship to the ground, allowing the participant to fine tune their body through unique exercises that challenge the laws of physics. The new yoga prop acts as a soft trapeze, supporting you as you master simple suspension techniques leading to advanced poses.
PREMISE OF ANTIGRAVITY
"In Life, Hidden in the Forces that pull us Down, is the Energy to lift us Up!"
As you practice AntiGravity techniques you not only become more efficient with your movement and more confident about physicality, but you will become lighter! AntiGravity has two meanings 1) playing within the laws of physics 2) against graveness -- in other words, keep moving, stay light-hearted and have fun! When you laugh you are working your risible muscles. In AntiGravity we are intent on keeping them in shape.
OPEN UP. BE FREE
When you open up space in your body, you open up space in your mind. When you open up space in your mind, you release judgment and regret and are able to experience life and pleasure with abundance! Open Up. Be Free! Live AntiGravity!
Stretch further and hold challenging postures longer utilizing the AntiGravity ® Hammock.
- Zero-compression inversions that allow the circulatory and lymphatic systems to refresh while stimulating the release of neurotransmitters from the brain.
- Decompression of the spine through gentle traction and hydration of the vertebral discs.
- Increased muscular flexibility.
- Muscular tension release through self-massage techniques.
- Core strengthening.
- Upper and lower body muscular strengthening.
- Increased body awareness.
- Increased joint mobility.
- Low-impact cardiovascular conditioning.
- Self-esteem enhancement through process of conquering basic fears.
- More astute presence through mindful consciousness conditioning.
- Increased command/response acuity.
- Learning of new skills: a creative and artistic fitness experience.
- Unique fun experience that works risible muscles as well as functional muscles.
Participants are asked to practice in leggings and shirts with sleeves that cover under arms (for your comfort). Fabric with some natural fiber is recommended. Slick fabric is slippery in the hammock.
No self tanner or heavy lotion.
No Metal! Jewelry, snaps, zippers, etc can snag the silk.
Registration is required. Please call 239-404-8127 for available class schedules.
AntiGravity Yoga is contraindicated for clients with certain conditions, including:
- Recent Surgeries (especially shoulder, eyes, back, hips, hand, or wrist)
- Irregular Heart Function
- Very high or low blood pressure
- Easy onset vertigo
- Osteoporosis/bone weakness
- Recent head injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Severe arthritis
- Hiatal hernia
- Disc herniation
- Recent stroke
- Cerebral Sclerosis
- Botox (within 6 hours)